The R3 is used by Major League teams to develop and strengthen their player's defensive skills. Formerly called the Power Hummer, the R3 throws 10 balls per minute, giving you the ability to execute hundreds of ground balls, line drives, fly balls and pop-ups in a single practice. Equipped with the industry's lowest recovery time of 6 seconds, the R3 is extremely efficient. Incorporating either of ATEC's R-Series machines into your practice increases the practice's efficiency by eliminating the possibility of errant fungo hits. The R3 is built to perform all Major League level defensive drills; including vertical pop-ups to catchers and sending balls from home plate to the fence to help outfielders improve playing balls at the warning track and off the wall.
- Defensive Training Machine
- Skill Level: Professional
- Speed Range: 20-85 mph
- Maximum Fly Ball: 345 feet
- Ball Types: HI.PER PRO, HI.PER X-ACT, SFT & Regulation (leather)
- Defensive Drills: Fly Balls, Pop Ups, Line Drives, Grounders, Catcher Blocking & Pop-ups
- Full Control Fungo System (FCFS): Maximize your ability to control exactly where the ball is placed during defensive drills. Change the ball placement of each rep, or keep it locked in to maximize repetitions of a single type.
- Hi.Per Aluminum Discs: Allows the machine to achieve the lowest recovery time possible for maximum repetitions. Engineered to be extremely lightweight and durable.
- High Definition Ball Chute: Players have a clear and uninterrupted view of the ball throughout the entire cycle
- Caddypod: The industry leading wheeled transport system makes set up and transitioning between drills quick and simple
- Weight: 115 lbs
- Warranty: 5 Years Limited